FightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
Since launching in February 2018, FightCamp’s revenues have doubled every month. FightCamp is funded by Y Combinator.
The Human Resources Specialist will be someone who can help build a solid HR strategy and execute on it. The intricacies of managing human resources at a high growth company are second nature to that person. Handling payroll, benefits, compliance, parental leave and everything under the HR sun is what that person thrives on. Nothing makes our perfect candidate happier than bringing order to the HR function of an organization. As our team scales rapidly, this candidate will have a large impact on implementing new processes and structure to support everyone in the organization.
The Human Resources Specialist's opinion will be solicited on everything HR, people and culture as we expect them to become a source of trust and a reference for the entire team. They will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of HR tasks. However, this person will also be asked to think strategically and identify major opportunities that have yet to be explored when it comes to HR at FightCamp. FightCamp's Human Resources Specialist will work directly with the Senior Talent Partner as part of the People & Operations team.
If you're ready to hop on the start-up roller coaster ride and create the best work environment possible for our team, then look no more. You have find your home here at FightCamp.
What You Will Do
- Execute day-to-day HR tasks and functions
- Support design and successful implementation of key HR processes and tools.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation, with a critical eye towards developing new, clarifying existing and sunsetting outdated policies as needed.
- Respond to HR-related questions and matters that span a wide range of topics (including employee relations, immigration, benefits, compensation, and onboarding/off-boarding)
- Help with recruiting with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining excellent, diverse talent
- Assist with the effective onboarding and off-boarding of employees
- Analyze HR trends and KPIs in partnership with the People team to develop targeted solutions, programs, and policies as we scale
- Help launch programs and strategy related to DEI, operational excellence, employee engagement, internal communications and more
- Partner with legal, finance, payroll, and other departments in creating streamlined processes that grow as we scale.
- Help and support any HR projects that's going to be thrown at you
What we're looking for
- At least 3 years experience in a People / HR Generalist role or equivalent
- Hands on experience implementing and using Namely, Workday or an equivalent HRIS system
- Hands on experience running payroll
- Hands on experience rolling out benefits and advising employees on benefits
- Advanced knowledge of HR policies and laws
- Empathy, cultural sensitivity, high emotional intelligence
- Experience working with remote/ global teams
You'll Be A Great Fit If You...
- Have in depth knowledge of HR best practices.
- Have demonstrated experience evaluating, implementing, and rolling out company-wide initiatives
- Have the confidence to jump in and use initiative and judgment to solve complex people issues without relying on policy and procedure
- Have creative problem-solve skills with solutions-oriented mindset
- Have strong project management and execution skills
- Come in with a ‘No task too big or small’ attitude.
- Have the ability to stay steadfast in a fast paced environment.
- Are Humble, diligent & resourceful
Software You Will Be Exposed To
- Google Suite
- Culture Amp
- Ease (Benefits)
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free lunches and free snacks (even for remote work)
- Fitness subsidies
Come Work With Us
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people’s lives and well-being? At FightCamp, your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We’re funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you’ll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility, over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Come shape the future of at-home fitness with us.