Our HubSpot People Operations team takes an innovative and flexible approach to HR. We are looking for an exceptional individual to join us as part of our Business Partnerships function. You will provide People Operations support across the company on a variety of HR-related matters including: manager coaching, team mentoring, talent management, performance management, diversity, inclusion & belonging, and conflict resolution. We aren’t your traditional HR team. We embrace our unique culture and solve for our rapid business growth.
In the first 30 days, you will have an opportunity to learn our culture, how we support our employees, and our aggressive expansion. During onboarding we will immerse you in our non-traditional approach to HR and how we help our managers solve problems while staying true to the culture we are so proud of.
In the first 90 days, you will begin to build yourself as a trusted adviser to your function, and use trends and people analytics to inform and drive projects & programs needed to reach our goals.
In your role, you will:
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to people managers to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent
- In partnership with the Diversity Inclusion & Belonging team, serve as an advocate, coach, and facilitator for building a diverse and inclusive team
- Proactively utilize people trends to develop, implement and manage projects and programs
- Serve as the point of contact for employees when navigating challenging personal or professional issues that impact their work experience
- Actively identify gaps, and deploy impactful people strategies that enable the organization to perform effectively, and scale efficiently as it grows.
- Work with managers on change management and talent management initiatives.
- Serve as an HR and employment law consultant to the business.
- Collaborate with global HRBPs to build and implement cross-functional HR programs and initiatives
- Positively collaborate across peer groups - specifically, individuals within Recruiting, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, Culture and Learning & Development, to optimize the acquisition, integration and development of HubSpot talent and achieve company goals.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience working in a talent organization within a lean, fast-paced work environment; experience in a global high-growth technology company preferred but not required
- Experience supporting a go-to-market function preferred but not required
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of initiative taking and effective project management
- Solid foundation of U.S. employment law and ability to apply this effectively as a trusted HR adviser
- Experience partnering with leaders to successfully build and execute a talent strategy
- Comfort with high ambiguity and ability to adapt to frequent change and growth
- Ability to exercise sound and efficient judgement when managing complex decisions
- Ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- An effective communicator and natural relationship builder who can collaborate with and influence a variety of work styles and personalities
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through our core values of flexibility, autonomy, transparency, and belonging. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe remotely and in our offices. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
What’s exciting about this role? (For reference only)
- Will be supporting a team (Sales or Rev Ops) at the center of our go-to-market initiatives across HubSpot.
- We have a massive focus on DI&B. It’s something we prioritize as a business and the HRBP team is core to ensuring DI&B is at the forefront of everything we do. A focus on DI&B is not an option and something we take seriously as a team.
- We are in the midst of significant change and innovation as a People Ops team, especially in rolling out our Future of Work strategy. The HRBP is at the forefront of this work when partnering with our business groups.
- Our team and company is scaling quickly. As we continue to grow, new challenges are emerging. We recently launched a three-year go-to-market strategy. This team is at the forefront of creating and executing a people strategy that helps the business execute on this strategy.
- Our HRBP team has a seat at the table. Our leaders value the perspective of our BPs to the point where the business is asking for more of us. We have credibility with leadership and all employees allowing us to be viewed as true partners that have the best interest of the employees in mind.
- We are human-first. One of the core elements of HubSpot’s culture code is empathy and it’s something we lead with as a BP team. Whenever we’re working with employees and leaders through complicated situations, we treat them with respect and don’t take a one-size fits all approach.
- There is a ton of collaboration on our team. Collaboration with the other Flywheel BPs, but also the opportunity to work on cross-functional projects with the other BPs across HubSpot. Our team works closely together on owning and rolling out some of our key programmatic efforts.
- HubSpot was rated as the best place to work by Glassdoor. We don't take a traditional approach to HR. We want people who are willing to think outside of the box and help us to innovate our overall HR strategy.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.