By giving our customers and partners, some of which are Fortune Global 500 companies across all industries, the most flexible commerce platform, which is based on a Microservices, API-first, true cloud, and headless architecture (we call it the MACH architecture*), we are not only helping them maintain their competitive advantage but we are also changing the e-commerce platform market. Founded in Germany in 2006, our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In October 2019, with a $145M investment from global venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners, commercetools is in full gear going forward.
Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
FRONT END DEVELOPER
Our Front End team is currently conceptualizing and building the most exciting, usable, and advanced eCommerce UI in the market. We are looking for an experienced colleague with a passion for technologies used by big players on an enterprise-level application. Even more important than your technical qualification: You want to join (and learn from) an equally skilled, agile, self-organized team that believes in having fun, giving back to the community, and collaborating in an open, supportive environment! Sounds good? Here's a snapshot of our tech stack!
- Work in an organization split up into vertical teams allowing code and problem domain ownership
- Collaborate with our Designers (UI/UX) and Product Owners to plan and implement features from start to finish
- Analyze and discuss requirements for a trade-off in technical approaches and be part of an agile team responsible for its complete development process
- Perform unit tests with Jest and integration tests with Cypress
- Own a build chain on CircleCI deploying multiple services into a Kubernetes Cluster
- Work with libraries such as Apollo (for GraphQL), Formik (for forms), webpack (for bundling)
- At least 5 (ideally more) years of experience with large scale web applications
- Experience with continuous integration as well as building a Node.js REST API backed by NoSQL databases
- Deeply in love with clean code and high standards for quality assurance such as code review, unit testing, code linting
- Knowledge sharing, the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies and concepts
- Good English to work in an international, cross-functional team
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% coverage of the employees health care, vision and dental insurance
- Company contribution towards dependent coverage
- 401k (retirement savings)
- Maternity/paternity leave
- PTO and Company Holidays
- Some pre-tax benefits through the PEO
- Great team of highly qualified and motivated team members who work with a mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility and evolve together
AND THERE’S MORE
- You will be involved in challenging and meaningful projects in a company with over 10 years of history
- You will be working with one of the technology leaders in the growing e-commerce business
- We are a growing, international company with offices in Berlin, Munich, London, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Durham
- Modern workplaces and technology (e.g. MacBooks) in bright offices (open-plan spaces as well as conference rooms and smaller rooms for quiet times)
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Collegial, open working atmosphere where your creativity and new ideas are encouraged
- Healthy feedback and error culture and a climate of mutual appreciation and respect.
- Free water, coffee, tea, snacks
- Do you have a dog? We're a dog friendly office.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
At commercetools, we hope to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!