Munich, Berlin, Durham
By giving our customers and partners, some of which are Fortune Global 500 companies across all industries, the most flexible commerce platform, which is based on a Microservices, API-first, true cloud, and headless architecture (we call it the MACH architecture*), we are not only helping them maintain their competitive advantage but we are also changing the e-commerce platform market. Founded in Germany in 2006, our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In October 2019, with a $145M investment from global venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners, commercetools is in full gear going forward.
Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
Join the Cloud Tools team and work together with smart colleagues from Germany and Asia! We provide, protect and progress software and services required for operating the commercetools platform in the various clouds, preferably using technologies such as Kubernetes, Serverless platforms or PaaS — with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, capacity, and performance. Our customers are internal developers and other teams using our services.
Our top five supported groups of services in a nutshell
- Logs - Indexing log events, querying/search log events
- Metrics - Collecting metrics, querying metrics, alert handling
- Security - Authentication (SSO), automated SSL and key handling
- CI/CD - Build pipeline for services and software provided by our team
- SLOs - Infrastructure for providing SLO metrics and SLO reports
We have regular stand-ups, pair programming and knowledge sharing sessions. Our team culture is defined by transparency, support, openness to all ideas and voices and continuous learning.
About your new role:
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Design and implement resilient and scalable infrastructure and services used by our development teams at commercetools
- Minimize incident impacts by being informed upfront with monitoring, logs and metrics and having an eye on IT standards and security
- Take part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience as Systems Engineer and Software Engineer in an international team
- Strong Linux skills and excellent skills in one major programming language (Golang, Python, Java/Scala would be great - mainly because we use the first two most of the time, and the other two are fine since our backend is JVM based)
- Experience with one of the major cloud providers (Google Cloud, Amazon AWS)
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration technologies such as Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) or Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Experience automating infrastructure provisioning, DevOps, and continuous integration/delivery
- Experience with central logging (ELK stack) and monitoring systems (Prometheus/Thanos)
- Mentality to share and the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new things
- Fluent English to work in an international, cross-functional team
Some skills that are nice to have but not required:
- MongoDB and ElasticSearch operational experience
- Advanced JVM knowledge
- Experience with managing cloud provider infrastructure using Terraform
What we offer you: For each location, we have a tailored benefits package that aims at making our people’s time at and outside of work enjoyable. Check out the benefits for each office here.
This is how we work:
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with an impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge of your colleagues.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools is living a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If your job profile aligns with our technical requirements, business needs, and company culture, we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, learning ability, passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.