What We Do:
Hackers are constantly evolving, exploiting new vulnerabilities and targeting small businesses. They are often able to operate unimpeded and undetected in those environments—until they meet Huntress.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools. Founded by former NSA Cyber Operators—and backed by a team of ThreatOps researchers—we help our partners protect their customers and take the fight directly to hackers.
When working at Huntress, you’ll join a team of experts committed to transparency, honesty, and going above and beyond to do the right thing. It’s an exciting time for our company as we continue expanding our platform and preparing for new growth and success.
About the Role:
The Huntress team is looking for a creative and motivated Product Owner with excellent problem solving and communication skills. As a Product Owner at Huntress, you will be responsible for prioritizing features, bugs and other asks for The Huntress Security Platform that provides for automated detection and human-powered threat hunting that serves the MSP/MSSP and Reseller markets. You’ll be working with a smart and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills, and a drive to get things done.
As the Product Owner for Huntress, you will be responsible for maximizing the value of the products created by the agile engineering teams. You will be involved with the development of cloud-delivered security services and a sophisticated endpoint agent that expels persistent threats that lead to breaches, ransomware, and more to help keep our customers secure and online. You will be responsible for taking prioritized, shaped epics from Product Management and working with the Engineering Architects to groom the epics and prioritize them into the engineering backlog. You will work very closely with the Product Management team and Architects and Engineering Leaders. To be successful in this position you must possess a combination of strong business acumen and technical skills to bridge customer business requirements with trends in the threat landscape.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile engineering teams and other stakeholders throughout the project.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with the product strategy.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Manage the product lifecycle from requirements to prioritization to product release.
- Provide clear documentation of progress and deliverables.
- Build consensus and enthusiasm among stakeholders at all levels.
- Be committed to the project, vision, team, and the business.
Manage the Process
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including product management, support, and customers, to identify, define, and break down complex requirements into achievable user stories.
- Lead the product release planning and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Highlight product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team.
- Manage change requests and engage in cross-team collaboration to prioritize and evangelize requests.
- Manage competing priorities from Product Management and other internal groups within the organization such as Marketing, Sales and Finance
- Work with development teams to clarify and enforce a rigorous definition of "done", to ensure the resulting products are of the highest quality.
Be a Product Expert
- Constantly learning the ins and outs of the product.
- Have an eye for product design with an ability to realize a vision.
- Collaborate with product, sales, and support teams to understand how users use our product.
- Keep development focused on business value and alignment with the product vision.
- Research and analyze the markets, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
Be a Leader
- Accountability leader and mentor the scrum teams.
- Keep development motivated and focused on business value and alignment with the product vision.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner responsible for cloud-based security products, endpoint security technologies, threat hunting, and incident response products
- Experience developing and managing complex cloud-based systems that must be both scalable and reliable while integrating with existing, complex business processes.
- Experience in designing and development of cloud SaaS products and cloud technologies such as AWS.
- Experience with common development languages such as Java, Ruby on Rails, GoLang, R, Python, or C++
- Experience with Postgres or other relational database technologies
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development methodologies and tools such as Github and Circle CI
- In-depth understanding of Agile development methodologies and industry-standard practices and tools.
- Hands-on experience authoring and refining user stories, grooming product backlogs, and prioritizing conflicting requirements.
- Solid understanding of the cloud software product lifecycle.
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Enjoy working in a team and independently and can perform at high-levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with product, development teams, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Work fully remote
- Comprehensive benefits and health coverage
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and time off to volunteer
- 10% time allocation for open source contributions
- Paid leave for new parents
- We invest in your future with a 401(k) contribution equal to 5% of your salary, even if you don't
- Stipend to upgrade your home office and equipment
- Partial reimbursement for your cellular plan