What We Do:
Hackers are constantly evolving, exploiting new vulnerabilities and targeting small businesses. They are often able to operate unimpeded and undetected in those environments—until they meet Huntress.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools. Founded by former NSA Cyber Operators—and backed by a team of ThreatOps researchers—we help our partners protect their customers and take the fight directly to hackers.
When working at Huntress, you’ll join a team of experts committed to transparency, honesty, and going above and beyond to do the right thing. It’s an exciting time for our company as we continue expanding our platform and preparing for new growth and success.
About the Role:
The Huntress team is building a best of breed product management organization and is looking for top notch product managers to join the team. As a Product Manager at Huntress, you will be responsible for developing and driving The Huntress Security Platform that delivers automated detection and human-powered threat hunting that serves the MSP/MSSP and Reseller markets.
You will be involved with the development of cloud delivered security services and a sophisticated endpoint agent that expels persistent threats that lead to breaches, ransomware and more to help keep our customers secure and online. You will be responsible for all stages of the product life cycle from conception to post-release. You will work very closely with the company founders, engineering leaders, support, the sales and marketing teams as well as other Product Managers.
To be successful in this position you must possess a combination of strong business acumen and technical skills to bridge customer business requirements with trends in the threat landscape. You must be comfortable frequently interacting with customers, prospects and industry analysts and be able to articulate our value proposition. You also must have a proven track record of working closely withengineering teams and being able to clearly articulate business goals in technical terms.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the founders and executives to set the platform’s vision and strategy and clearly articulate the business value so that everyone understands the intent behind a new product or new feature.
- Analyze market trends and perform competitor analysis and research in order to drive strategy as well as pricing and the product roadmap.
- Demonstrate an ability to decipher and articulate potentially ambiguous client needs and mold them into successful, innovative solutions that surprise and delight the customer
- Work with the Product Owner and Architects to create detailed business requirements, epics, and user stories that will be used to shape product specifications and architecture
- Prioritize features by assessing their alignment with the broader product strategy and initiatives.
- Participate as a key contributor in all phases of product development, from discovery to launch.
- Drive and manage product roadmap and go-to-market strategy by working closely with marketing, sales, and executive leadership teams.
- Collaborate with marketing and other key stakeholders to drive and execute product launches to market.
- Derive feedback and insights from customers through face-to-face interaction and collaboration throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Serve as the intermediary between engineering and senior leadership and other non-technical stakeholders with the ability to break down and translate highly technical information into layman terms and vice versa.
- Drive high-level strategic initiatives and execution while possessing a willingness to dig into the weeds, when necessary.
- Work with design teams and engineering to produce mockups, wireframes, and eventual prototypes to assess the validity and strength of a new product or feature idea.
- Manage and drive results from user experience testing and gain crucial insights into how customers use (or don’t use) the platform.
- Provide product metrics, including conversion rate, churn rate, and monthly recurring revenue, etc to track and analyze the success of the product strategy.
- 5+ years of experience in a product management role responsible for cloud-based security products, endpoint security technologies, threat hunting, and incident response products
- Experience working with MSPs/MSSPs and VARs
- Experience working in an agile development environment using agile development tools
- Leverage excellent written and verbal communication skills to create epics and stories for engineering
- Experience with products delivered from AWS or other cloud environment
- Strong creative and critical thinking abilities
- Experience with common development languages such as Java, Ruby on Rails, GoLang, R, Python or C++
- Experience with prototyping, wireframing, and UI/UX design and collaboration tools such as Axure, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Mockplus
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or G Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Forms)
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or similar degree, Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
- Work fully remote
- Comprehensive benefits and health coverage
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and time off to volunteer
- Paid leave for new parents
- We invest in your future with a 401(k) contribution equal to 5% of your salary, even if you don't
- Stipend to upgrade your home office and equipment
- Partial reimbursement for your cellular plan